5 Benefits of Nutrition Coaching
Are you struggling with a health issue and nothing you do seems to help? Are you constantly stressed or worried about food? Do you have a health goal that feels impossible to reach? Have you been trying to “eat healthy,” but can’t stick with it?
If you answered yes to any of those questions, partnering with a Nutrition Coach is the missing piece. When transforming your health, the true impact comes through the personalized approach, individual accountability, and step-by-step nutrition habits that a Nutrition Coach provides for you.
A Nutrition Coach is a dedicated expert in your health journey. They are fully committed to your goals just as much as you are. Your coach is not only an expert on nutrition - but will also become an expert on you. From your health history, favorite foods, previous diets, and lifestyle, your Nutrition Coach will have a deep understanding of your health. They are always in your corner, providing the necessary support, and accountability to help you feel your best, reach your goals, and build a healthy relationship with food.
Here are 5 benefits of working with a Nutrition Coach:
1. Transform Your Health to Feel Your Best We all want to feel our most vibrant and healthiest selves. Whatever it is that you’re struggling with - hormone imbalance, low energy, sugar cravings - nutrition is the foundation for your entire wellbeing. Food is fuel, it’s joy, and it’s medicine. Eating whole foods and balanced plates are the very first things to prioritize when it comes to taking care of yourself and living your best life.
Food really is everything - from supporting brain function to healthy digestion and everything in between. Unfortunately, nutrition to nourish ourselves is not something most of us have a deep knowledge or understanding of. A Nutrition Coach is an expert on nutrition, and will equip you with the knowledge you need to practice the ultimate form of self-care while enjoying all the foods you love.
2. Individualized Nutrition Recommendations We are all unique individuals and health is not one-diet-fits all. There are so many different ways to live a healthy life! Blanket nutrition advice doesn’t take into account your unique goals, circumstances, preferences, or lifestyle. What may work for your super healthy friend might be the complete opposite for you. Unlike the newest diet that’s being hyped up all over the internet, a Nutrition Coach is a food expert. Whether you are struggling to lose weight or have a health condition that requires a specific eating plan, working with a Nutrition Coach to tap into the deep connection between what foods specifically support you and your unique life, physically and emotionally, is the most sustainable and impactful way to be your healthiest self.
3. Consistent Guidance and Accountability to Reach Your Health Goals It’s not just about information - it’s about transformation. Without the consistent guidance and accountability to help you implement changes day in and day out, knowledge really only goes so far! Having a dedicated partner in your health journey to ask questions, track progress, celebrate wins, and tackle challenges is key for long-term success. Let’s use an example. You might know you need to eat more vegetables every day. But! Do you know which ones are best for you? Do you have a specific strategy for including more veggies into your meals? Will it be at breakfast, lunch, or dinner? Do you have a way to actually hold yourself accountable to this goal? A Nutrition Coach is your personal support system to answer all of those questions and create a high impact plan that helps you reach your personal health goals. You can always trust them to hold you accountable in a safe and judgement-free zone.
4. Impactful & Sustainable Habit Building Consistency creates change. We’ve all been there: you try the latest nutrition trend and stick with it for a few days, maybe a few weeks, but you don’t see any results. You’re nowhere closer to your goal. Or maybe, you try something that does seem to work, but after a while it’s not something you can keep up. Calorie counting forever...? No thanks! That doesn’t mean there’s something wrong with you - that means there is something wrong with that approach. The most important aspect of building new healthy habits is to make sure they’re habits that you can actually keep up for life. Otherwise, the minute you fall back or lose sight of your progress you’ll end up exactly where you started. A Nutrition Coach helps to identify the most effective strategy for you to implement a habit for the most sustainable impact - all the way down to helping you schedule it in your calendar or creating a grocery list.
5. Dump Dieting and Heal Your Relationship To Food Here at Wellory, we’re not about the fad, crash, or yo-yo dieting thing. No restriction here. We believe everyone deserves a healthy and happy relationship with food free of guilt or shame. Your Nutrition Coach will help you heal your relationship to food by bringing awareness to your behavior, working through triggers or obstacles, and focusing on mindfulness around eating. That thing we said about restriction? We meant it! As a Nutrition Coach at Wellory, our approach to personal nutrition recommendations is focused on adding in healthy foods and behaviors - not cutting things out. Too often we want to improve our health, and our minds immediately go to what traditional diet advice tells us: remove, remove, remove. A Nutrition Coach helps you create more balanced, whole-food plates while also finding strategies for incorporating any and every food you love.
These are just a few of the ways you can benefit from a Nutrition Coach - there are so many more! Remember, you don’t have to do it alone. If you’re thinking about starting your journey with a Nutrition Coach, take our short quiz and get matched with yours today!