5-Ingredient Granola Bars
Know exactly what you're eating in your granola bar with this hearty, no-bake snack!
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 5 minutes Serves: 10
Great source of…
✓ Healthy fats ✓ Protein ✓ Carbohydrates ✓ Fiber ✓ Magnesium ✓ Vitamin E
- 1 heaping cup packed dates (pitted)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/4 cup creamy nut butter of choice
- 1 cup roasted unsalted almonds or pecans (loosely chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- Optional: dark chocolate chips or coconut flakes
- Process dates in food processor until small bits remain.
- Optional step: toast your oats (and almonds if raw) in oven at 350 degrees F for 10-15 minutes (or until slightly golden brown). Otherwise, leave raw.
- In a large mixing bowl, place oats, almonds and dates. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, warm honey and peanut butter. Stir and pour over oat mixture and mix. Dates should break up and mix throughout.
- Once thoroughly mixed, transfer to 8x8-inch baking dish or small pan lined with plastic wrap or parchment paper.
- Using a drinking glass or other utensil, press down until flattened. Cover with plastic wrap or parchment paper and put in freezer for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove bars from pan and chop into 10 even bars (or 9 containers). Store in airtight container for a up to a few days. Keep in freezer to keep them extra fresh!
- Step 2 is highly recommended for best taste!
- Make sure to really pack down the bars to help hold them together.