5-Ingredient Healthy Granola Bars
Lip-smacking delicious, healthy, and light, granola bars pack in quite a punch despite their small size. Given their huge popularity over the years, chances are you’ve tried a granola bar, regardless of whether or not you’re a fitness enthusiast. Of course for those of us trying to get lean or lose weight, these handy bars carry a special appeal and quite understandably so.
Crafted from high-quality grains, granola bars tend to not only be high in dietary fiber but also deliver healthy gut bacteria, thanks to the prebiotic nature of their fiber. Plus they’re comprised of seeds and nuts besides oats and other whole grains, which further raises their nutritional quotient. Crunchy, flavorful, and filling, this delightful snack is perfect for weight watchers across all ages and even those looking to simply consume wholesome food made from nutrient-dense ingredients.
All in all, we can all agree that it’s a great snack. Period. But instead of buying store-bought granola bars the ingredients of which may not be completely known, why not make these healthy snacks at home, with trusted, high-quality ingredients? The best part is that fixing yourself a yummylicious homemade granola bar that does not derail your fitness journey is easier than you thought.
Here’s our recipe for a guilt-free snack that is just as easy on the palate. Know exactly what you're eating in your granola bar with this hearty, no-bake snack! Plus all it takes is just 5 ingredients. Let’s get started right away!
How to Make Healthy Granola Bars with 5 Ingredients
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 5 minutes Serves: 10
Great source of…
✓ Healthy fats ✓ Protein ✓ Carbohydrates ✓ Fiber ✓ Magnesium ✓ Vitamin E
- 1 heaping cup packed dates (pitted)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/4 cup creamy nut butter of choice
- 1 cup roasted unsalted almonds or pecans (loosely chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- Optional: dark chocolate chips or coconut flakes
- Process dates in food processor until small bits remain.
- Optional step: toast your oats (and almonds if raw) in oven at 350 degrees F for 10-15 minutes (or until slightly golden brown). Otherwise, leave raw.
- In a large mixing bowl, place oats, almonds and dates. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, warm honey and peanut butter. Stir and pour over oat mixture and mix. Dates should break up and mix throughout.
- Once thoroughly mixed, transfer to 8x8-inch baking dish or small pan lined with plastic wrap or parchment paper.
- Using a drinking glass or other utensil, press down until flattened. Cover with plastic wrap or parchment paper and put in freezer for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove bars from pan - your healthy granola bars with 5 ingredients are ready to eat! Chop into 10 even bars (or 9 containers). Store in airtight container for up to a few days. Keep in freezer to keep them extra fresh!
- Step 2 is highly recommended for the best tasting 5 ingredient, healthy granola bars you’ve ever had!
- Make sure to really pack down the bars to help hold them together.