Baked Greek Salmon
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes Serves: 4
Great source of…
✓ Healthy fats (omega 3's!) ✓ Protein ✓ Magnesium ✓ Vitamins C, D, & B-12
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- ground black pepper
- 1 cup cubed feta
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1/4 cup olives (pitted and sliced)
- 1/4 cup chopped cucumbers
- 1/4 chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp freshly minced dill
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 4 salmon fillets, patted dry
- salt & ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375F and prep non-stick baking sheet
- In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, and red pepper flakes, and dash of black pepper. Then add feta, and gently toss to coat feta. Cover and refridgerate while continuing with next steps.
- Layer the sliced lemon and red onion at the bottom of your baking pan, then add salmon fillets skin side down. Season with salt and pepper and bake until flaky (about 20 minutes)
- While that bakes, add tomatoes, olives, cucumbers, chopped red onion, and dill into your bowl with feta. Gently combine.
- PLate by topping your salmon with lemon, red onion slices, and feta mixture!
- Add a grain and steamed vegetables to make it a fully balanced meal!