Baked Plantain Bites
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes Serves: 4
Good source of…
✓ Fiber ✓ Complex Carbohydrates ✓ Vitamins A, C, & B-6 ✓ Magnesium
- 2 green-yellow plantains
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt & ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 450F and prep large non-stick baking sheet
- peel and chop plantains into 1/4-1/2 inch thick slices
- Gently toss in oil, salt, and pepper. Spread out plantains on baking sheet.
- Bake until golden brown and crispy. Cool and enjoy!
- Green, or greenish-yellow plantains work best for this recipe! They may be tricky to peel, so be patient and carefully use a knife if needed to remove peel.