Banana & Oat Protein Pancakes
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Yields: 6-8 Pancakes
Great source of…
✓ Protein ✓ Fiber ✓ Complex Carbohydrates ✓ Magnesium ✓ Vitmains A, B-6
- 3 small bananas, mashed
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted and cooled
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup oat flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- Microwave coconut oil for 10-15 seconds or until completely melted. Let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine mashed bananas, coconut oil, eggs, lemon juice and maple syrup.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the oat flour, baking soda, salt and spices.
- Slowly pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Stir until batter is formed.
- Let the batter sit for 10 minutes. You may want to thin out the batter a bit with a touch of milk or water.
- Heat a heavy cast iron skillet or non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Lightly oil the surface with coconut oil.
- Once the surface of the pan is hot enough that a drop of water sizzles on it, pour ¼ cup of batter onto the pan. Let the pancake cook for about 3 minutes, until bubbles begin to form.
- Once the underside of the pancake is lightly golden, flip it with a spatula and cook for another 90 seconds or so, until golden brown on both sides. You may need to adjust the heat up or down at this point.
- Serve immediately or freeze for later.