Banana Zucchini Oatmeal Cups
The perfect, lightly-sweetened breakfast on-the-go or snack (vegan and gluten-free)!
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 22 minutes Serves: 10-12
Great source of…
✓ Carbohydrates ✓ Fiber ✓ Protein ✓ Potassium ✓ Vitamins A, C
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 3 tbsp water
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 small over-ripe bananas (about 1 cup, mashed)
- 2 small zucchinis (2 cups, grated)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups old-fashioned gluten-free oats
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray muffin tin (or two) with cooking spray or line with silicone muffin liners.
- In a small bowl, add flax and water. Stir and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas with a fork. Add grated zucchini, almond milk, vanilla extract, almond butter, maple syrup, and flax mixture. Stir until combine.
- Add oats, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and add-in's of your choice (see below). Stir until combined.
- Spoon mixture into muffin cups (fill to top).
- Bake for 23-28 minutes (or until fork comes out clean). Cool on a wire rack.
- Once cooled, serve or store in an air-tight container in refrigerator or freezer.
- Don't squeeze water out of zucchini.
- You will have extra batter if you only use one muffin tin - make an oatmeal bake!
- Want less sugar? leave out the maple syrup & add extra ripe bananas for natural sweetness!