Bell Pepper Pizza Poppers
Total time: 10 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes Serves: 5-6
Great source of…
✓ Manganese ✓ Calcium ✓ Copper ✓ Fiber ✓ Iron ✓ Magnesium ✓ Vitamins A, K, C, & B6
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- ½ cup sugar-free marinara sauce
- 1 cup baby spinach, finely chopped
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese (optional)
- 10 to 12 mini sweet peppers, halved lengthwise and seeds and ribs removed
- Additional toppings: sliced olives, mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet in parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix quinoa, marinara sauce, chopped spinach, and a ¼ cup of cheese.
- Stuff each pepper with quinoa. Once peppers are all filled, sprinkle each one with a pinch of the remaining cheese and top with any additional toppings.
- Bake peppers until cheese is melted and lightly browned, 12 to 15 minutes.