Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 10 minutes Serves: 3
Great source of…
✓ Protein ✓ Healthy Fats ✓ Fiber ✓ Folate ✓ Magnesium ✓ Iron ✓ Vitamins C, D, B-6, B-12
- 9 large eggs
- 3 large tortillas
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 red bell pepper
- ¾ cup cooked black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup pico de gallo
- 1 ripe avocado
- ½ cup cilantro leaves
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lime, for squeezing over top
- Slice pepper into strips and heat on a sauce pan with olive oil over medium heat.
- Let pepper char for 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until the pepper is soft and each side has black grill marks. Set aside.
- In the same pan, add the eggs and use a spatula to scramble.
- Once eggs are finished cooking, assemble the burritos. Divide the spinach leaves among the tortillas. Top with the eggs, red pepper strips, black beans, pico de gallo, avocado, and cilantro. Juice lemon over top and enjoy!
- Option to toast burrito once more in pan once assembled