Broccoli Pesto with Pasta and Cherry Tomatoes
For the pasta lovers looking to get fancy & pack in more nutrients!
Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 8-12 minutes Serves: 2
Great source of…
✓ Carbohydrates ✓ Folate ✓ Potassium ✓ Fiber ✓ Vitamins K, C
- 2 cups cooked broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup parsley, roughly chopped
- Salt and black pepper
- 9oz whole wheat or chickpea pasta
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup cooked broccoli florets
- Make the pesto: combine all ingredients in a food processor. Season with salt and pepper. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Cook your pasta.
- Add pesto, cherry tomatoes, and pesto to a bowl of cooked pasta and enjoy!
- Add more cooked broccoli on top if desired.
- Want more protein? Use bean-based pasta like lentil or chickpea!