Buffalo Brussel Sprouts
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 25 minutes Servings: 4
Great source of…
✓ Healthy Carbohydrates ✓ Magnesium ✓ Iron ✓ Vitamins C, A, and B-6
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, halved & trimmed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 tbsp butter (organic)
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss Brussels sprouts with olive oil, salt, and black pepper.
- Transfer to prepared baking sheet and spread out into a single layer. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, tossing halfway through, or until browned.
- Combine honey, buffalo sauce, and butter in a small saucepan and cook over medium-low heat, whisking constantly, until the butter has melted and the glaze has thickened slightly.
- When Brussels sprouts are done, transfer to a large mixing bowl and toss in the glaze until completely coated with the glaze.
- Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with scallion.
- Make it a meal by adding your protein of choice, and plating over a whole grain!