Chocolate Avocado Cookies
"These cookies are seriously incredible! I have made them for foodies, health nuts, kids, picky eaters and chocolate lovers and they get rave reviews each and every time." -Wellory Nutrition Coach, Amy Hedges
Total time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Created By: Wellory Nutrition Coach, Amy Hedges
- 1 ripe avocado, finely mashed
- ½ cup (100g) coconut sugar
- 1 egg (or egg subsitute for vegan version)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup (120g) dark cocoa powder
- 2 oz (60 g) 70% dark chocolate chunks or cacao nibs
- 1/3 cup (40g) coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350°F (150°C).
- Combine the finely mashed avocado, sweetener, egg, and vanilla extract in a medium-sized bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder, flour, and baking soda.
- Mix together the wet and dry ingredients until just combined.
- Gently stir in the dark chocolate chunks or cacao nibs.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or spoon, add one heaping tablespoon of dough on to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Flatten the top a little bit.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the top has set (don’t over-bake!). Remove from the oven, let cool for a few minutes on the baking tray. Then transfer to a cooling rack.