Chocolate Caramel Shortbread Bars
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cooling Time: 45 minutes Servings: 12
A Great Source Of...
✓ Healthy Fats ✓ Potassium ✓ Calcium ✓ Iron ✓ Fiber
- 1 1/4 cup coconut flower
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (70% or above)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/3 cup chopped/sliced almonds
- Shortbread: Mix ingredients well in a medium bowl, then spread evenly in an 8/8 pan. Pack down well, and place in the fridge.
- Caramel: Add ingredients to a high powered blender or food processor, and blend until smooth. Spread evenly onto the first layer, and place back in the fridge.
- Over a double broiler, melt you chocolate. Add coconut oil, and stir until fully combined. Poor over caramel evenly, then sprinkle almonds evely over top of that. Place back in the fridge until chocolate becomes solid.
- Lining the baking dish with parchment paper will help you remove and slice the bars after cooling!
- Top with whatever topping you enjoy most! You can swap out the almonds for pumpkin seeds, berries, a combination, or opt out of them all together.