Citrus Kale and Avocado Salad
Prep time: 10 minutes Serves: 4
Great source of…
✓ Fiber ✓ Iron ✓ Vitamins and minerals ✓ Antioxidants
- 1 Bunch of kale
- 2 medium avocados
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 large orange
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- To prepare the kale: rince, remove stems, and roughly chop. Add to a large bowl, lemon juice. Add a pinch of salt as well if you have it! With clean hands, "massage" kale for 1-2 minutes, helping to break it down and coat in the lemon juice. Set aside.
- Peel and dice avocados. Add to kale and mix to combine. It's okay if the avocado mashes down slightly - this will help to create a "creamy" dressing for the kale!
- Peel, slice, and roughly chop orange. Add orange and tomatoes to salad. Toss, and enjoy!
- Add a protein like chicken, chickpeas, or baked tofu to make this a perfectly rounded meal!