Coconut Bacon Bits
Cook time: 15 minutes Prep time: 6 minutes Yields: 2 cups
- 2 1/2 cups coconut flakes - large shreds & unsweeted are best
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 teaspoons tamari
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- Preheat your oven to 325F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wisk together all ingrediants, except for the coconut flakes, in a bowl. Once that is all combined, fold in the coconut flakes until they are evenly coated.
- Spread on baking sheet and baked for about 15 minutes (tossing a few times), or until flakes are dry and crispy, tossing occasionally.
Let cool, and add to salads for a delicious bacony topping! Store extras in a cool, dry place for up to a week.