Coconut Pho Bowls
A creamy, detoxifying, warm bowl to get you through the winter!
Prep time: 20-30 minutes Cook time: ~2 hours
Great source of…
✓ Carbohydrates ✓ Protein ✓ Fiber ✓ Folate ✓ Iron ✓ Potassium ✓ Vitamins A, B, C
- 1.5-2 inch ginger, grated
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed & minced
- 1 lime (zest and juice)
- 3 scallions
- 6 cups filtered water or broth
- 2 tbsp tamari sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 cup Napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini (spiraled noodles)
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 cup shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 box vermicelli noodles, cooked
- Fresh cilantro
- In a large pot, heat coconut oil over medium-low heat. Add onion, garlic and ginger and sauté for 3-5 minutes (until fragrant).
- Add water or broth, scallions, Tamari sauce (or coconut aminos), and zest of lime.
- Bring to a boil, simmer, and cover for 1-2 hours.
- While broth is simmering, cook vermicelli noodles (as directed on box) and slice all veggies to be put aside.
- Once broth is simmered, turn off heat, add coconut milk and mix well.
- Bring broth back to a low simmer, add in raw vegetables, and mix. Let simmer for 3-5 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- In separate soup bowls, add a serving of vermicelli noodles followed with the soup vegetables and broth on top. Garnish with herbs, peanuts, and serve immediately!