Cranberry Chocolate Protein Bars
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes Serves: 12
Great source of…
✓ Protein ✓ Fiber ✓ Omega-3 ✓ Iron ✓ Manganese ✓ Magnesium
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed
- 5 tbsp water
- 3 cups organic rolled oats
- 3 cups cooked quinoa (about 3 cups dry)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries (or craisins)
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Make flax egg by combining the flax seed and water in a small bowl and mix. Set aside for 10 minutes to set.
- In a large bowl combine the oats, quinoa, baking powder, salt, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla, flax eggs (once thick), bananas, dried cranberries, and chocolate chips. Mix well until fully combined.
- Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan with nonstick spray. Spread the mixture evenly into pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the edges are slightly golden brown. Remove and let cool completely.
- Keep in refrigerator for up to a week.
- Swap out the craisins and chocolate for any of your favorite flavors! Try chopped apple and cinnamon, peanut butter and chocolate, or a very berry mix!