Crockpot Chicken Chipotle Bowls
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 3 hours (passive) Serves: 3
Great source of…
✓ Magnesium ✓ Folate ✓ Potassium ✓ Fiber ✓ Healthy Fats ✓ Healthy Carbs ✓ Vitamins A, K, C
- 3 big handfuls of salad greens (kale, spinach, mixed greens)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 bell pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced beets
- 1/2 small cucumber
- 1/2 roasted sweet potato (cubed)
- 1/2 cup black beans or chickpeas
- 2 tbsp pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Combine the chicken, honey, onion and garlic powders, cumin, salt and chipotle chiles and adobo sauce in a 5- to 8-quart slow cooker. Stir well and for at least 3 hours (up to 5 hours on low).
- Using two forks, coarsely shred the chicken in the sauce. Stir in the black beans and lime juice. Cover and let the beans warm through, about 5 minutes.
- In a sauce pan, add riced cauliflower and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Saute on medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Add 1/2 of the cilantro and juice of 1/2 lime. Stir well and transfer to bowls.
- Top with chicken, avocado, cilantro, tomato, onion, lime juice, and any other favorite toppings.