Crockpot Chicken Chipotle Bowls
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours (passive)
Great source of…
✓ Magnesium ✓ Folate ✓ Potassium ✓ Fiber ✓ Healthy Fats ✓ Healthy Carbs ✓ Vitamins A, K, C
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 chipotle from a can of chipotles in adobo, finely chopped, plus 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 1 fresh lime juiced
- 3 cups of cauliflower rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 avocado
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- Combine the chicken, honey, onion and garlic powders, cumin, salt and chipotle chiles and adobo sauce in a 5- to 8-quart slow cooker. Stir well and for at least 3 hours (up to 5 hours on low).
- Using two forks, coarsely shred the chicken in the sauce. Stir in the black beans and lime juice. Cover and let the beans warm through, about 5 minutes.
- In a sauce pan, add riced cauliflower and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Saute on medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Add 1/2 of the cilantro and juice of 1/2 lime. Stir well and transfer to bowls.
- Top with chicken, avocado, cilantro, tomato, onion, lime juice, and any other favorite toppings.