Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 30 minutes Servings: 4
Great source of…
✓ Fiber ✓ Iron ✓ Zinc ✓ Vitamin B3
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup Farro
- 1 tsp thyme
- Salt and pepper
- 2 ¼ cup vegetable broth
- ½ cup grated organic Parmesan cheese
- In a deep skillet with a lid, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add green onions, mushrooms and peas. Saute for 3 miutes, then add fresh garlic.
- Add farro, thyme, and a dash of salt and pepper. Cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring every 20-30 seconds.
- Add broth to skillet, and bring to a boil. Lower to low-medium heat, and cover. Cook until liquid is absorbed, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and add grated Parmesan.