Fresh Spring Rolls with Peanut Sauce
A light & fun recipe packed with veggies. The perfect party appetizer!
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 5 minutes
Great source of…
✓ Protein ✓ Manganese ✓ Healthy fats ✓ Fiber ✓ Vitamins C, E, K, B1, B2, B5, B6
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp tamari, soy sauce, or coconut aminos (plus extra for topping)
- 4 Vietnamese rice spring roll wrappers
- 1 ripe avocado (sliced)
- Fresh basil & mint leaves
- 1/4 cup micro-greens
- 1/2 cup creamy, unsalted peanut butter
- 3 tbsp tamari or coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2-3 tbsp lime juice
- 2-3 tbsp water to thin
- In a small skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes (until browned and soft).
- Remove pan from heat, add tamari or coconut aminos, and toss. Set aside.
- One at a time, dip rice papers into warm water for 5 seconds. Remove and place on a towel.
- Place mushrooms, avocado, herbs and microgreens in center of rice paper.
- Wrap and tuck sides and then bottom flap. Carefully roll until wrapper is tightly closed.
- Serve with extra peanut sauce and tamari for dipping!
Tips: You can find spring roll wrappers at Asian markets or in the Asian section of your grocery store.