Fruit & Nut Truffles
Prep Time: 10 minutes (+ overnight marinade) Serves: 10
Great source of…
✓ Healthy Fats ✓ Protein ✓ Fiber ✓ Iron ✓ Magnesium ✓ Vitmains E & C
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 2/3 cup nuts of choice
- Juice from half of a large orange
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 tsp all spice (or combo of cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, ginger)
- 1 rounded tsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- shredded coconut for rolling
- Mix the raisins, orange juice, orange zest, and spice in a jar and leave in fridge overnight.
- Give the mix a stir, and add it and the nuts to a food processor (or high powered blender)
- Blend until everything starts sticking together. It does not need to be perfectly smooth.
- Add to a bowl and mix in the ground flaxseed and coconut oil.
- Sprinkle coconut on a smal plate. Take 1-2 tablespoon sized sevrings of the mixture, roll into ball, and roll in coconut.
Refrigerate the mixture before rolling into balls if the mixture is tough to work with, or before serving for firmer bites.