Prep Time: 10 minutes Serves: 8
Great source of…
✓ Healthy Fats ✓ Protein ✓ Fiber ✓ Iron ✓ Vitamins B & C
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2-3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¾ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- pinch paprika
- pinch cayenne pepper
- pinch black pepper
- 1 (15 oz.) can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp. water
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the lemon juice and tahini.
- Turn on and process for about 1 minute or until creamy.
- Next, add the olive oil, garlic, salt, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper and black pepper. Continue to processes for about 30 seconds, scrape down the sides and then processes for 30 seconds more.
- Finally, add the garbanzo beans and process for 1-2 minutes. Scrape down the sides, add water and process for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Serve in a bowl, garnish with extra olive oil, a sprinkle of parsley and a pinch of paprika.