Garlic Mashed Cauliflower
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 15 mintues Serves: 5
Great source of…
✓ Protein ✓ Fiber ✓ Healthy Fats ✓ Vitmains C, D, &B-12
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1 tbsp olive or coconut oil
- 1/4 unsweetened almond milk
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 tsp olive or avocado oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- optional: 2 tbsp chopped chives
- Roast the garlic: preheat oven to 375F. Peel garlic cloves and lightly coat with olive or avocado oil. Place on baking sheet and bake until fork tender and golden. Once cool, lightly mash or mince.
- Chop caluflower into medium sized florets
- In a large pot, bring water to boil, and add the cauliflower
- Once florets are tender (can be easily pearced with a fork), drain them and add to a blender
- Add cauliflower, garlic, oil, salt, pepper, and milk to blender or food processor, and pulse until smooth - be careful to not overblend!
- Top with chives and enjoy!