Greek Chicken Lettuce Cups with Avocado Tzatziki
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes
Great source of…
✓ Protein ✓ Healthy fats ✓ Iodine ✓ Calcium ✓ Phosphorous ✓ Vitamins C, K, B-12
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp fresh dill weed
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 lemon (freshly grated zest and juiced)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 8-10 fresh butter lettuce leaves'
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1/3 cup roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1 seedless cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives (sliced if desired)
- 6 oz feta cheese
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt or nut-based yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh dill
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Heat broiler in oven to highest setting with oven rack about 6in below. Spray baking sheet with nonstick pray & add chicken.
- Stir together salt, pepper, dill, and garlic. Cover chicken evenly on both sides.
- Place directly under broiler and broil for 6 minutes. Flip chicken and broil for an additional 6 minutes.
- While chicken cooks, whisk together honey, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Once chicken is finished, brush honey mixture on top and broil for 2 more minutes. Brush other side of chicken and broil 2 more minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven, let cool, and then slice.
- Chop the tomatoes, cucumber, peppers, and olives and set aside.
- Make avocado tzatziki: in a food processor, combine all tzatziki ingredients (see above).
- Assemble lettuce cups by spreading tzatziki on the bottom of each leaf then top with veggies, chicken, and feta.
- Store salad overnight in the fridge for tons of flavor and a delicious lunch the following day!