Greens and Beans
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes Servings: 4
Great source of…
✓ Protein ✓ Fiber ✓ Iron ✓ Vitamins C, A, & K
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups kale, washed, stems trimmed and chopped
- 1 (15- ounce) can cannellini beans, drained
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large pot or pan
- Add onion and garlic. Saute 2-3 minute, then add the red pepper flakes and salt and pepper. Once fragrant, add the kale.
- Saute until kale cooks down slightly, then add the beans and the vegetable broth.
- Cover cook for another 10 minutes.