Grilled Chicken Kabobs
Prep time: 1 hour (50 minutes to marinate) Cook time: 10 minutes Servings: 4
Great source of…
✓ Protein ✓ Magnesium ✓ Iron ✓ Vitamins C, A, and B-6
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breast, diced into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 bell peppers cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 small zucchini cut into 1 inch slices
- 1 red onion cut into 1 inch pieces
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, soy sauce, honey, garlic musatrd, and salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken, peppers, zucchini and red onion to the bowl. Toss to coat in the marinade. Cover and refrigerate 50 minutes, or over night.
- Soak wooden skewers in cold water for at least 30 minutes and preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Slide the chicken and veggies onto skewers, alternating between the ingredients.
- Cook for about 5 minutes on each side or until chicken is cooked through.
- Make it a meal by adding a side salad and brown rice!