Harvest Veggie & Chickpea Casserole
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Great source of…
✓ Protein ✓ Potassium ✓ Iron ✓ Magnesium ✓ Vitamins A, C, B-6
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 can (15oz) chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 lb brussels sprouts, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/3 cup low-sodium veggie broth
- 6 cup cooked wild rice
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350° and prep a 9x13" baking dish with 1/2 tbsp oil.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil over medium heat. Add onion, sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts, garlic, thyme, paprika, and cumin. Season with salt and pepper and cook until softened.
- Add broth, bring to a simmer, and cook covered for 5 minutes.
- Place cooked rice in a large baking dish and season with salt and pepper. Stir in chickpeas, cranberries, and cooked vegetables. Top with almonds and bake until dish is hot and almonds are toasted, 15 to 18 minutes.