Homemade Gluten-free Bagels
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes Serves: 6
Great source of…
✓ Magnesium ✓ Vitamin C ✓ Iron ✓ Protein ✓ Vitamin B-6
- 1 cup cassava flour
- 1 cup arrowroot flour
- 4 whole eggs
- 1/4 cup butter or coconut oil
- 1 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Optional Toppings: Everything but the bagel seasoning or white sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixer, combine all of the ingredients for the dough until smooth.
- Separate the dough into 4 equal parts.
- Bring 2 quarts of water to boil in a saucepan. Return to medium-high heat once it reaches boiling point.
- Roll piece of dough into a ball and then shape it into a bagel (cover your hands in flour or water to prevent sticking)
- Drop one bagel at a time into the boiling water and let cook for 1 minute on each side or until they rise to the top of the water.
- Transfer bagels to a baking tray. Sprinkle toppings of choice.
- Bake on 350 degrees for 25 minutes until golden brown.