Marinated Mushroom Bowls with Lentils with Cauliflower Rice
For a plant-based protein dinner night...flavorful & nourishing!
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 5 minutes__
Great source of…
✓ Protein ✓ Fiber ✓ Manganese ✓ Folate ✓ Carbohydrates ✓ Vitamins B
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos or low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp chili oil
- 1 green onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 8 oz crimini mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- 2 cups purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 cups riced cauliflower
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tsp coconut aminos or low-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 2 cups lentils, cooked
- 1 cup cucumber, chopped
- To marinate mushrooms, whisk together olive oil, rice vinegar, coconut aminos, sesame oil, and chili oil in a shallow bowl.
- Stir in green onion, cilantro, and sesame seeds. Add mushrooms and toss in marinade. For extra flavor let sit for 30 minutes.
- Prepare cauliflower rice by adding to a skillet with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Saute until warm.
- In a medium bowl, add cabbage and toss with lime juice and a pinch of salt.
- Stir 1 teaspoon of soy sauce or tamari into lentils.
- Divide mushrooms, cabbage, lentils, and cauliflower rice, and cucumbers into 4 bowls.
- Drizzle remaining marinade and garnish with chopped cilantro, sliced green onions, and sesame seeds. Serve with lime wedges!