Meal How-To: Sweet Potatoes
Thanks to their many layers of skin, sweet potatoes aren’t generally exposed to pesticides and thus can be consumed non-organic.
- Calcium: improves bone health, optimizes heart and muscle function, and protects against cancer, diabetes and high blood pressure.
- Iron: improves energy, focus, gastrointestinal processes, the immune system, and the regulation of body temperature
- Vitamin C: improves absorption of iron, collagen production, the immune system, wound healing, and the maintenance of cartilage, bones, and teeth.
Mash Poke holes and bake whole. Scrape out soft inside into a bowl and mash with a fork. Bake Slice into rounds and add to a pan with oil, salt, and pepper. Bake at 420F for 20-25 minutes. Air-fry Cut into a fry-like shape and add to air fryer.
Make it a Meal
Add healthy fats, vegetables and optional protein.
- Protein: Chicken, turkey, fish, steak, tempeh, tofu, or beans
- Fat: Avocado, olive oil, avocado oil, chopped nuts, tahini, cheese
- Vegetables: Cooked greens (spinach, kale), cold salad greens, peppers, onion, garlic, mushrooms, tomatoes, zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower, etc.