Meal How-To With: Chia Seeds
- Fiber: improves gut health, slows the absorption of food to keep you full
- Omega-3 fatty acids: supports heart health, brain function, mood, and skin health
- Protein: supports muscle health, weight loss, feeling of fullness, and glucose regulation
- Calcium, phosphorus, magnesium: promotes strong bones, heart, muscle and nerve health
Add 1-2 tbsp to your... Smoothies, salads, oatmeal, yogurt or grain bowl
Chia Pudding Mix 2 tbsp chia seeds with 1/2 cup unsweetened plant-based milk in a container, wait at least 20 minutes (or overnight), then add toppings and serve.
Make it a Meal
For chia pudding, smoothies, and breakfast bowls, add produce and an optional protein and fat source.
- Protein: Plant or collagen protein powder, nuts, seeds, nut butter, plain greek yogurt
- Produce: banana, berries, pineapple, peaches, apples
- (Optional) Superfoods: cacao powder, cacao nibs, goji berries, coconut flakes
- Liquid: water, plant-based milk (almond, coconut, hemp)