No Sugar Added Granola
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 25 minutes Serves: 8
Great source of…
✓ Protein ✓ Fiber ✓ Complex Carbohydrates ✓ Magnesium ✓ Omega-3 ✓ Iron
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats, gluten free
- 1/2 cup oat flour, gluten free if desired
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- ¾ cup sliced raw almonds
- ¾ cup raw pecans halves
- ¾ cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut chips
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, nuts, seeds, coconut, cinnamon, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Mix the maple syrup and melted coconut oil with the vanilla and drizzle over the oat mix.
- Stir so that all ingredients are well coated.
- Pour the granola on to the parchment paper covered baking sheet. Gently pat it down while spreading it evenly on the sheet.
- Bake on the middle rack for 20-25 minutes or until golden browned, stirring half way through. The granola should still be somewhat unset when it comes out of the oven but will firm up and dry as it cools.
- Once completely cooled, break up into chunks and store.
- Enjoy with your favorite milk, and added fruit!