One-Pan Chicken & Asparagus
Cook time: 15 minutes Prep time: 10 minutes Servings: 4
Good source of…
✓ Protein ✓ Vitamin B-6, C
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 bunches of asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, and onion powder. Set aside.
- Dice asparagus into about 1-2" pieces.
- Add oilive oil to a large skillet and heat on medium-low. Add chicken, and asparagus, and toss until chicken is cooked through, and golden brown. Lower heat, and add remaining ingredients. Stir to deglaze the pan, and allow broth to cook down. Once a thin sauce has formed, remove from heat, and serve.
Serve over brown rice or quinoa to add complex carbohydrates, and make it a macro-nutrient balanced dish!