Pesto Breakfast Bowl
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 5 minutes Serves: 2
Great source of…
✓ Manganese ✓ Fiber ✓ Magnesium ✓ Omega 3s ✓ Vitamins A, K, C, & B6 ✓ Healthy fats ✓ Healthy carbs ✓ Protein
- 2/3 cup cooked quinoa
- 4 cups kale (chopped finely with the stems removed)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 avocado
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp pesto (see recipe below)
- 1 cup olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 2-3 handfuls fresh basil
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil.
- When the water has boiled, reduce the heat to low and use a slotted spoon to carefully add in the eggs.
- Turn the heat back up to a boil and let boil for 7 minutes.
- Once the time is up, add the eggs into a bowl of ice water. While the eggs are sitting, add the chopped kale to a pan with the olive oil, salt and pepper and saute for just a few minutes until the kale wilts.
- Peel the eggs by gently tapping them on the side of a bowl until the shell cracks.
- Assemble your bowls with a cooked quinoa, kale, sliced avocado, peeled egg (sliced in half), and 2-3 tablespoons of pesto. Store remaining pesto in the fridge for up to a week.