Smoothies can provide more nutrients than you can sometimes get from a regular meal. When drinking a smoothie for a meal, include a source of protein, fat, and fiber.
Make it a Meal
- Protein: Plant or collagen protein powder, nut butter, whole nuts, seeds
- Fat: Nut butters, nuts, seeds, avocado
- Fiber: ground flaxseed, chia seed, acacia powder, psyllium husk
- Produce: spinach, kale, supergreen powders, banana, berries, mango, pineapple, peaches, frozen cauliflower, frozen zucchini
- Superfoods (optional): Spirulina, maca, cacao, camu camu, goji berries, matcha, acai, reishi
- Liquid: almond milk, coconut milk, hemp milk, oat milk, water, coconut water