Quinoa and Chia Porridge with Stone Fruits
A colorful, "happy-looking" breakfast :) The warm cinnamon smell will have you jumping out of your seat!
Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes
Great source of…
✓ Fiber ✓ Protein ✓ Manganese ✓ Folate ✓ Potassium ✓ Magnesium ✓ Vitamins C, K
- 3/4 cups quinoa
- 2 cups unsweetened almond or oat milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 5 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp sweetener of choice (raw honey, maple syrup)
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/3 peach, peeled and chopped
- 1/3 fresh nectarine, chopped
- Toppings (optional): figs, coconut flakes, almonds
- Add all ingredients except toppings to a pot and place on medium heat.
- Bring to a boil and turn heat to low.
- Cover and simmer until liquid is absorbed. Stir occasionally.
- Once ready, add toppings and serve warm!