Sesame Soba Noodles
Bring Japan to your kitchen with this super simple soba recipe!
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 5 minutes
Great source of… ✓ Manganese ✓ Thiamin ✓ Protein ✓ Healthy fats ✓ Fiber ✓ Vitamin K
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp tamari (or soy sauce/coconut aminos)
- 1/2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup or honey
- 6 oz soba noodles
- 2 ripe avocados, sliced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cups snap peas
- 1/4 cup edamame
- 1 tbsp white sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, tamari, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, and honey. Set aside.
- Bring unsalted pot of water to a boil. Cook soba noodles according to package.
- Drain and rinse in cold water.
- Toss noodles with dressing and divide into 2-4 bowls.
- Add fresh lemon juice onto avocado slices and place on top of noodles.
- Add snap peas, edamame, radish, mint and sesame seeds.
- Drizzle extra tamari or sesame oil on top if desired!
- It is essential that you cook soba noodles in unsalted water. Also make sure not to overcook them!
- If you are making ahead of time, add avocado at the last minute.
- Add an extra boost of fiber by including veggies like sliced cucumber, sautéed mushrooms, or bok choy.
- Don't have an ingredient on hand? Try these swaps:
- Edamame - baked tofu, sesame tofu, or baked tempeh
- Snap peas - broccolini
- Soba noodles - brown rice noodles