Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup
Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 4-5 hours Serves: 5
Great source of…
✓ Fiber ✓ Magnesium ✓ Iron ✓ Protein ✓ Complex Carbohydrates
- 2 cups split peas
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 cup low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- Salt & ground pepper
- In a slow cooker combine broth, split peas, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, thyme, ginger, and red pepper flakes.
- Cook on high for 4 to 5 hours or low for 6 to 8, until peas are completely soft.
- Let cool & serve!
For a smooth soup, blend after cooking and cooling!