Smashed Chickpea Avocado Salad Sandwich
No mayo needed for this creamy avocado sandwich. It's the perfect quick lunch!
Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 0 minutes
Great source of… ✓ Healthy fats ✓ Carbohydrates ✓ Manganese ✓ Folate ✓ Vitamins A, C, E, K, B2, B6
- 1-15 oz can chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries (unsweetened)
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- 4 slices of whole grain bread (or gluten free)
- Toppings: arugula, red onion, or spinach
- In a medium bowl, mash chickpeas with a fork. Add avocado and use fork to mash again.
- Stir in lemon juice and cranberries. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or until ready to serve (best within 1-2 days).
- When ready, toast bread and add 1/2 chickpea avocado mash over 1 slice.
- Top with arugula, red onion, or spinach. Add second toasted slice on top and enjoy!
- Mash chickpeas & avocado until smooth yet still has a few chunks.
- Can be eaten in lettuce wraps, with crackers, on salad, or plain!