Sweet Potato Muffin
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 30 minutes Serves: 12
Good source of…
✓ Fiber ✓ Complex Carbohydrates ✓ Vitamins ✓ Protein
- 1 cup sweet potato puree
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 large egg or equivlant egg subsitute
- 2/3 cup almond milk
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or combination of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, & cloves)
- 1/2 cup gluten-free flour
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- Preheat oven to 350F and prep muffin tin with paper linings.
- In a large bowl, wisk together all ingredients EXCEPT for the flours.
- Once combined, add in flours and stir until combined.
- Evenly distribute batter into muffin tins, filling about 3/4 of the way (not quite to the top). Then bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick removes cleanly when poked into middle of a muffin.
- Let cool completely before removing from wrapper, and enjoy as is or with your favorite nut butter spread on top!