Tomato Mint Summer Salad
A classic summer dish highlighting sweet cherry tomatoes, feta, and mint.
It’s perfect as a vegetarian main course, with the protein-rich grains, or as a side dish.
- 1 cup farro
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 cups of arugula
- ½ cup of crumbled feta
- ¼ cup of chopped mint leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Prepare buckwheat groats or farro according to package directions
- Allow the grains to cool after cooking.
- While grains are cooking, combine lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Add the buckwheat or farro to the vinaigrette and combine.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
- Add arugula, tomatoes, mint
- Toss to combine.
- Add crumbled feta on top and lightly toss before serving.