Vegan Quinoa and Yogurt Breakfast Muffins
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 25 minutes Serves: 10-12
Great source of…
✓ Fiber ✓ Carbohydrates ✓ Potassium ✓ Vitamins B12, D, C
- 1 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 3 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup mashed banana (1 large, 2 small)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup coconut, cashew, or almond based yogurt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/4 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a muffin tin (12-cup) and set aside.
- Make flax 'egg' by combining flaxseed meal and water. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat banana, applesauce, yogurt, syrup and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. Slowly add dry mixture to wet and stir well.
- Fill each cup 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake on center rack for around 25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes then transfer to wire rack. Let cool completely.
- Our favorite vegan yogurt brands include Forager, Lavva, Kite Hill, and So Delicious!
- If desired, reheat in toaster oven or microwave.