Veggie Bean Chili
Keep your stomach warm with a hearty, veggie-filled chili!
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 30 minutes
Great source of… ✓ Fiber ✓ Healthy fats ✓ Healthy carbs ✓ Protein
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 1 diced yellow onion
- 2 diced green bell peppers
- 3 diced celery stalks
- 3 sliced carrots
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 can strained kidney beans
- 1 can strained pinto beans
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- Add veggies and 1/3 cup water to large pot and cook until water evaporates
- Add another 1/4 cup water and garlic + spices to pot and sauté for a few minutes
- Add beans, tomatoes and 1 cup of water
- Bring everything to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to a simmer, cover, and cook for 10 minutes
- Remove the lid from the pot and cook uncovered for 5-7 additional minutes
- Serve and enjoy!
Tips: Want more flavor? Top with avocado and chili flakes!