Veggie Breakfast Quiche
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 35-40 minutes Serves: 4-6
Great source of…
✓ Protein ✓ Calcium ✓ Phosphorus ✓ Iron ✓ Vitamin B12
- 8 oz turkey bacon, diced small
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup baby bella mushrooms, chopped
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced yellow onion
- 5 cups spinach, chopped
- 6 organic eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened almond or oat milk
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, divided (optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 350F and prep 9-inch pie dish with non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together all crust ingredients until ball forms.
- Press crust into pie dish evenly. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
- While crust is baking, saute onions and mushrooms in olive oil on medium-high heat. Once cooked, add in spinach until wilted.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, almond milk, 1/2 cup feta cheese (optional), salt and pepper.
- Add in turkey bacon, and pour into slightly cooled crust.
- Add the remaining cheese on top and bake for 35-40 minutes - a knife inserted into the center should come out clean. Let cool 20 minutes before cutting into it.