Warm Cinnamon Apples
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Great source of…
✓ Fiber ✓ Vitamins C
- 4 large apples, peeled, cored and sliced (1/4 inch)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot or cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Heat oil over medium heat and add apple slices. Saute for 6 minutes.
- Mix the cold water and cornstarch, set aside.
- To the apples, add the sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and water mixture, and stir to combine. Continue cooking at a gentle boil for 2 – 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until apples are fork tender.
- Let cool a few minutes before serving.