Cook time: 25 minutes Prep time: 40 minutes Servings: 2
Great source of…
✓ Protein ✓ Fiber ✓ Iron ✓ Magnesium ✓ Vitamin C, A, B-6
- 3 medium-large zucchinis
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef or turkey
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups water, divided
- 3/4 cup diced tomatos
- 1/2 cup chopped red peppers
- 1/3 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/4 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat over to 350F
- Halve zuchinnis lengthwise, Hollow out inside, removing seeds, and leaving about a quarter inch flesh. Place open side down on baking sheet, and bake for 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Heat a large large skillet over medium heat and cook beef/turkey, onion, green pepper, and garlic. Drain excess fat.
- Still over heat, mix in water, tomatoes, red peppers, mushrooms, rice, thyme, oregano, salt and pepper. Cook until mixture thickens and veggies cook down. Then add and stir in cheese.
- Spoon mixture into zucchini halves. Bake covered with foil for about 20 minutes. Remove foil, bake for 5 more minutes. Zuchinni should be tender. Serve and enjoy!