Zucchini Bread Oatmeal
A healthy oat bowl that tastes like fresh baked zucchini bread!
Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 7 minutes Serves: 1
Great source of…
✓ Fiber ✓ Protein ✓ Carbohydrates ✓ Manganese ✓ Phosphorous ✓ Magnesium ✓ Potassium ✓ Vitamins A, B1
- 1/3 cup organic rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or water
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup grated zucchini
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 ripe banana
- Optional: drizzle of maple syrup
- In a small pot, add milk/water, cinnamon, and oats. Bring to a boil and simmer over medium heat for around 3 mins (stir a few times throughout).
- Add chia seeds and grated zucchini. Continue to simmer for around 4 minutes (until desired texture is reached) and stir occasionally.
- When cooked, remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Top with chopped walnuts and banana (& a drizzle of maple syrup if desired).