Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes Servings: 6
- 3 medium sized zucchini, coarsely grated
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 3 green onions, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt and drain zucchini: Sprinkle grated zucchini with about 1 teaspoon of salt. Place in a sieve or colander over a bowl. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Press down with a wooden spoon to push out more of the water. Wrap it in paper towels and try to squeeze out more liquid.
- Whisk the egg in a large bowl and add grated zucchini, flour, minced green onions, thyme, basil, lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Mix to combine.
- Heat the oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium high heat until the oil is shimmery and hot.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of batter into the skillet and flatten with a spoon or spatula. Cook for 4-6 minutes (or until browned) and then flip and cook other side.
- Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Sprinkle with salt. Repeat with remaining batter.