Zucchini Lasagna Rolls
Pasta-free lasagna for a light take on an old classic!
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes Serves: 4
Use code WELLORY for $15 off your first 4 orders of $20 or more.
Great source of…
✓ Manganese ✓ Healthy fats ✓ Protein ✓ Iron ✓ Zinc ✓ Fiber ✓ Potassium ✓ Magnesium ✓ Folate ✓ Vitamins A, C, K, B12, B6
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cup cooked lentils
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped (seeds removed)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin or paprika
- Ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 cups tomato sauce (Newman's Own, Cucina Antica, Amy's Organic, Rao's)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 3 large green zucchinis
- 1/4 cup shredded vegan or organic mozzarella cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Add garlic, onion, bell pepper, lentils and jalapeño to skillet and sauté for 2 minutes
- Add spices and cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add tomato sauce and cook for 10 more minutes on medium heat.
- Remove from heat and stir in basil
- Slice zucchini lengthwise and lay long slices on a baking pan
- Scoop mixture onto one end of zucchini and roll up lengthwise
- Top with extra tomato sauce and sprinkle with cheese (optional)
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Remove from oven and serve!
Soak up extra water from zucchini with paper towels