PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR USE OF AND ACCESS TO OUR SERVICES (DEFINED BELOW) ARE SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS; IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE FOLLOWING, YOU MAY NOT USE OR ACCESS THE SERVICES IN ANY MANNER. Wellory Inc.
Effective date: May 2020
Welcome to Wellory! Please read on to learn the rules and restrictions that govern your use of our website(s), products, services and applications, including our services provided through the Wellory mobile application (the “Services”). If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding these terms or the Services, please contact us at email@example.com.
NOTICE: Please read these Terms carefully. They cover important information about Services provided to you and any charges, taxes, and fees we bill you. These Terms include information about future changes to these Terms, automatic renewals, limitations of liability, a class action waiver, and resolution of disputes by arbitration instead of in court.
Does Wellory provide medical advice?
YOU SHOULD CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL BEFORE BEGINNING ANY NEW EXERCISE OR NUTRITION PROGRAM TO DETERMINE IF IT IS SUITED FOR YOUR NEEDS, ESPECIALLY IF YOU (OR YOUR FAMILY) HAVE A HISTORY OF HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE, HEART DISEASE, OR HIGH CHOLESTEROL; HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED CHEST PAIN WHEN EXERCISING; SMOKE; OR HAVE A BONE OR JOINT PROBLEM THAT COULD BE MADE WORSE BY A CHANGE IN PHYSICAL ACTIVITY. USER ASSUMES THE RISK OF USING THE SERVICES. WELLORY DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY RELATED TO PRE-EXISTING, CURRENT OR FUTURE MEDICAL CONDITIONS.”
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT WELLORY IS NOT ACTING AS A DIAGNOSTIC SERVICE, A PHYSICIAN OR OTHER HEALTHCARE PROVIDER, AND DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. The results of the Service and any information provided with the Service or on the Site are provided for informational purposes only. You are responsible for the accuracy and adequacy of information and data furnished for processing, and any subsequent use of results from Wellory Services.
If you are suffering from symptoms related an emergency medical condition, and are not directly under the care and supervision of a qualified healthcare provider, you should immediately stop using the Service and seek proper medical attention.
Will these Terms ever change?
We are constantly trying to improve our Services, so these Terms may need to change along with the Services. We reserve the right to change the Terms at any time, but if we do, we will bring it to your attention by placing a notice on the www.wellory.com website, by sending you an email, and/or by some other means.
If you don't agree with the new Terms, you are free to reject them; unfortunately, that means you will no longer be able to use the Services. If you use the Services in any way after a change to the Terms is effective, that means you agree to all of the changes. Except for changes by us as described here, no other amendment or modification of these Terms will be effective unless in writing and signed by both you and us.
What about my privacy?
The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) requires that online service providers obtain parental consent before they knowingly collect personally identifiable information online from children who are under 13. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personally identifiable information from children under 13; if you are a child under 13, please do not attempt to register for the Services or send any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn we have collected personal information from a child under 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 13 may have provided us personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By providing us with your wireless phone number, you confirm that you want Wellory to send you information we think may be of interest to you, which may include Wellory using automated dialing technology to text you at the wireless number you provided.
What are the basics of using www.Wellory.com?
You may be required to sign up for an account, and select a password and user name (“Wellory User ID”).You promise to provide us with accurate, complete, and updated registration information about yourself.You may not select as your Wellory User ID a name that you don' t have the right to use, or another person's name with the intent to impersonate that person. You may not transfer your account to anyone else without our prior written permission.
You will only use the Services for your own internal, personal, non-commercial use, and not on behalf of or for the benefit of any third party, and only in a manner that complies with all laws that apply to you.If your use of the Services is prohibited by applicable laws, then you aren' t authorized to use the Services.We can't and won't be responsible for your using the Services in a way that breaks the law.
You will not share your account or password with anyone, and you must protect the security of your account and your password.You're responsible for any activity associated with your account.
Consent to receive periodic messages
As part of the Services, you may receive communications through the Services, including messages that Wellory sends you (for example, via SMS).When signing up for the Services, you will receive a welcome message and instructions on how to stop receiving messages.BY SIGNING UP FOR THE SERVICES AND PROVIDING US WITH YOUR WIRELESS NUMBER, YOU CONFIRM THAT YOU WANT WELLORY TO SEND YOU INFORMATION WE THINK MAY BE OF INTEREST TO YOU, WHICH MAY INCLUDE WELLORY USING AUTOMATED DIALING TECHNOLOGY TO TEXT YOU AT THE WIRELESS NUMBER YOU PROVIDED, AND YOU AGREE TO RECEIVE COMMUNICATIONS FROM WELLORY, AND YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT EACH PERSON YOU REGISTER FOR THE SERVICES OR FOR WHOM YOU PROVIDE A WIRELESS PHONE NUMBER HAS CONSENTED TO RECEIVE COMMUNICATIONS FROM WELLORY.You agree to indemnify and hold Wellory harmless from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages (actual and consequential), losses and expenses (including attorneys' fees) arising from or in any way related to your breach of the foregoing.
Your use of the Services is subject to the following additional restrictions:
You represent, warrant, and agree that you will not contribute any Content or User Submission (each of those terms is defined below) or otherwise use the Services or interact with the Services in a manner that:
- Infringes or violates the intellectual property rights or any other rights of anyone else (including Wellory);
- Violates any law or regulation, including, without limitation, any applicable export control laws;
- Is harmful, fraudulent, deceptive, threatening, harassing, defamatory, obscene, or otherwise objectionable;
- Jeopardizes the security of your Wellory account or anyone else's (such as allowing someone else to log in to the Services as you);
- Attempts, in any manner, to obtain the password, account, or other security information from any other user;
- Violates the security of any computer network, or cracks any passwords or security encryption codes;
- Runs Maillist, Listserv, any form of auto-responder or “spam” on the Services, or any processes that run or are activated while you are not logged into the Services, or that otherwise interfere with the proper working of the Services (including by placing an unreasonable load on the Services' infrastructure);
- “Crawls,” “scrapes,” or “spiders” any page, data, or portion of or relating to the Services or Content (through use of manual or automated means);
- Copies or stores any significant portion of the Content;
- Decompiles, reverse engineers, or otherwise attempts to obtain the source code or underlying ideas or information of or relating to the Services.
A violation of any of the foregoing is grounds for termination of your right to use or access the Services.
What are my rights in the Services?
The materials displayed or performed or available on or through the Services, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, data, articles, photos, images, illustrations, User Submissions, and so forth (all of the foregoing, the “Content”) are protected by copyright and/or other intellectual property laws. You promise to abide by all copyright notices, trademark rules, information, and restrictions contained in any Content you access through the Services, and you won’t use, copy, reproduce, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, upload, display, license, sell, commercialize or otherwise exploit for any purpose any Content not owned by you, (i) without the prior consent of the owner of that Content or (ii) in a way that violates someone else’s (including Wellory’s) rights.
You understand that Wellory owns the Services. You won’t modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, reproduce (except as expressly provided in this Section), create derivative works based on, or otherwise exploit any of the Services.
The Services may allow you to copy or download certain Content; please remember that just because this functionality exists, doesn’t mean that all the restrictions above don’t apply – they do!
Do I have to grant any licenses to Wellory or to other users?
For all User Submissions, you hereby grant Wellory a license to translate, modify (for technical purposes such as, for example, ensuring that your content is viewable on an iPhone as well as a computer) and reproduce and otherwise act with respect to such User Submissions, in each case to enable us to operate the Services, as described in more detail below. This is a license only—your ownership in User Submissions is not affected.
If you store a User Submission in your own personal Wellory account, in a manner that is not viewable by any other user except you (a “Personal User Submission”), you grant Wellory the license above, as well as a license to display, perform, and distribute your Personal User Submission for the sole purpose of making that Personal User Submission accessible to you and providing the Services necessary to do so.
If you share a User Submission only in a manner that only certain specified users can view (for example, a private message to one or more other users) (a “Limited Audience User Submission”), then you grant Wellory the licenses above, as well as a license to display, perform, and distribute your Limited Audience User Submission for the sole purpose of making that Limited Audience User Submission accessible to such other specified users, and providing the Services necessary to do so. Also, you grant such other specified users a license to access that Limited Audience User Submission, and to use and exercise all rights in it, as permitted by the functionality of the Services.
If you share a User Submission publicly on the Services and/or in a manner that more than just you or certain specified users can view, or if you provide us (in a direct email or otherwise) with any feedback, suggestions, improvements, enhancements, and/or feature requests relating to the Services (each of the foregoing, a “Public User Submission”), then you grant Wellory the licenses above, as well as a license to display, perform, and distribute your Public User Submission for the purpose of making that Public User Submission accessible to all Wellory users and providing the Services necessary to do so, as well as all other rights necessary to use and exercise all rights in that Public User Submission in connection with the Services and/or otherwise in connection with Wellory’s business for any purpose, provided that Wellory will try to notify you if it uses your Public User Submission for any reason other than displaying it on the Services. Also, you grant all other users of the Services a license to access that Public User Submission, and to use and exercise all rights in it, as permitted by the functionality of the Services.
You agree that the licenses you grant are royalty-free, perpetual, sublicensable, irrevocable, and worldwide, provided that when you delete your Wellory account, we will stop displaying your User Submissions (other than Public User Submissions, which may remain fully available) to other users (if applicable), but you understand and agree that it may not be possible to completely delete that content from Wellory’s records, and that your User Submissions may remain viewable elsewhere to the extent that they were copied or stored by other users.
Finally, you understand and agree that Wellory, in performing the required technical steps to provide the Services to our users (including you), may need to make changes to your User Submissions to conform and adapt those User Submissions to the technical requirements of connection networks, devices, services, or media, and the foregoing licenses include the rights to do so.
What if I see something on the Services that infringes my copyright?
You may have heard of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the “DMCA”), as it relates to online service providers, like Wellory, being asked to remove material that allegedly violates someone’s copyright. We respect others’ intellectual property rights, and we reserve the right to delete or disable Content alleged to be infringing, and to terminate the accounts of repeat alleged infringers; to review our complete Copyright Dispute Policy and learn how to report potentially infringing content, click here, www.wellory.com/copyright-dispute-policy. To learn more about the DMCA, reference link this: http://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf].
Who is responsible for what I see and do on the Services?
Any information or content publicly posted or privately transmitted through the Services is the sole responsibility of the person from whom such content originated, and you access all such information and content at your own risk, and we aren’t liable for any errors or omissions in that information or content or for any damages or loss you might suffer in connection with it. We cannot control and have no duty to take any action regarding how you may interpret and use the Content or what actions you may take as a result of having been exposed to the Content, and you hereby release us from all liability for you having acquired or not acquired Content through the Services. We can’t guarantee the identity of any users with whom you interact in using the Services and are not responsible for which users gain access to the Services.
You are responsible for all Content you contribute, in any manner, to the Services, and you represent and warrant you have all rights necessary to do so, in the manner in which you contribute it. You will keep all your registration information accurate and current. You are responsible for all your activity in connection with the Services.
Wellory has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, accuracy, privacy policies, or practices of or opinions expressed in any third party websites or by any third party that you interact with through the Services. In addition, Wellory will not and cannot monitor, verify, censor or edit the content of any third party site or service. By using the Services, you release and hold us harmless from any and all liability arising from your use of any third party website or service.
Your interactions with organizations and/or individuals found on or through the Services, including payment and delivery of goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such organizations and/or individuals. You should make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any online or offline transaction with any of these third parties. You agree that Wellory shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings.
If there is a dispute between participants on this site, or between users and any third party, you agree that Wellory is under no obligation to become involved. In the event that you have a dispute with one or more other users, you release Wellory, its directors, officers, employees, agents, and successors from claims, demands, and damages of every kind or nature, known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, disclosed or undisclosed, arising out of or in any way related to such disputes and/or our Services. If you are a California resident, you shall and hereby do waive California Civil Code Section 1542, which says: “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release, which, if known by him or her must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.”
Will Wellory ever change the Services?
We’re always trying to improve the Services, so they may change over time. We may suspend or discontinue any part of the Services, or we may introduce new features or impose limits on certain features or restrict access to parts or all of the Services. We reserve the right to remove any Content from the Services at any time, for any reason (including, but not limited to, if someone alleges you contributed that Content in violation of these Terms), in our sole discretion, and without notice.
Do the Services cost anything?
The Services may be free or we may charge a fee for using the Services. Additionally, there may be additional charges related to using certain features of the Services, such as booking a session with a Wellory Nutrition Coach. These features will also be considered “Paid Services” as used in these Terms. If you are using a free version of the Services, we will notify you before the version you are using begin carrying a fee, and if you wish to continue using such Services, you must pay all applicable fees for such Services. Note that if you elect to receive text messages through the Services, data and message rates may apply. Any and all such charges, fees or costs, including for Paid Services and other fees, are your sole responsibility. You should consult with your wireless carrier to determine what rates, charges, fees or costs may apply to your use of the Services.
- Paid Services and other service fees. Certain of our Services may be subject to payments now or in the future (the “Paid Services”), such as a session with a Wellory Nurtritionist, or a missed appointment fee if you do not cancel a session in a timely manner. Please see our Paid Services and other service fees page https://www.wellory.com/ for a description of the current Paid Services and fees used in these Terms. Please note that any payment terms presented to you in the process of using or signing up for a Paid Service are deemed part of these Terms.
- Billing. We a use third-party payment processor (the “Payment Processor”) to bill you through a payment account linked to your account on the Services (your “Billing Account”) for use of the Paid Services. The processing of payments will be subject to the terms, conditions and privacy policies of the Payment Processor in addition to these Terms, see here: https://www.apple.com/legal/privacy/en-ww/ and https://www.apple.com/legal/internet-services/terms/site.html for the App Store or https://policies.google.com/privacy and https://play.google.com/intl/en_us/about/play-terms/index.html for Google Play.
- Payment Method. The terms of your payment will be based on your Payment Method and may be determined by agreements between you and the financial institution, credit card issuer or other provider of your chosen Payment Method. If we, through the Payment Processor, do not receive payment from you, you agree to pay all amounts due on your Billing Account upon demand.
- Recurring Billing. Some of the Paid Services may consist of an initial period, for which there is a one-time charge, followed by recurring period charges as agreed to by you. By choosing a recurring payment plan, you acknowledge that such Services have an initial and recurring payment feature and you accept responsibility for all recurring charges prior to cancellation. WE MAY SUBMIT PERIODIC CHARGES (E.G., MONTHLY) WITHOUT FURTHER AUTHORIZATION FROM YOU, UNTIL YOU PROVIDE PRIOR NOTICE (RECEIPT OF WHICH IS CONFIRMED BY US) THAT YOU HAVE TERMINATED THIS AUTHORIZATION OR WISH TO CHANGE YOUR PAYMENT METHOD. SUCH NOTICE WILL NOT AFFECT CHARGES SUBMITTED BEFORE WE REASONABLY COULD ACT. TO TERMINATE YOUR AUTHORIZATION OR CHANGE YOUR PAYMENT METHOD, EMAIL US AT HELLO@WELLORY.COM.
- Current Information Required. YOU MUST PROVIDE CURRENT, COMPLETE AND ACCURATE INFORMATION FOR YOUR BILLING ACCOUNT. YOU MUST PROMPTLY UPDATE ALL INFORMATION TO KEEP YOUR BILLING ACCOUNT CURRENT, COMPLETE AND ACCURATE (SUCH AS A CHANGE IN BILLING ADDRESS, CREDIT CARD NUMBER, OR CREDIT CARD EXPIRATION DATE), AND YOU MUST PROMPTLY NOTIFY US OR OUR PAYMENT PROCESSOR IF YOUR PAYMENT METHOD IS CANCELED (E.G., FOR LOSS OR THEFT) OR IF YOU BECOME AWARE OF A POTENTIAL BREACH OF SECURITY, SUCH AS THE UNAUTHORIZED DISCLOSURE OR USE OF YOUR USER NAME OR PASSWORD. CHANGES TO SUCH INFORMATION CAN BE MADE BY EMAILING US AT HELLO@WELLORY.COM. IF YOU FAIL TO PROVIDE ANY OF THE FOREGOING INFORMATION, YOU AGREE THAT WE MAY CONTINUE CHARGING YOU FOR ANY USE OF PAID SERVICES UNDER YOUR BILLING ACCOUNT UNLESS YOU HAVE TERMINATED YOUR PAID SERVICES AS SET FORTH ABOVE.
- Change in Amount Authorized. If the amount to be charged to your Billing Account varies from the amount you preauthorized (other than due to the imposition or change in the amount of state sales taxes), you have the right to receive, and we shall provide, notice of the amount to be charged and the date of the charge before the scheduled date of the transaction. Any agreement you have with your payment provider will govern your use of your Payment Method. You agree that we may accumulate charges incurred and submit them as one or more aggregate charges during or at the end of each billing cycle.
- Auto-Renewal for Paid Services.Unless you opt out of auto-renewal—which can be done through your emailing us at hello @wellory.com—any Paid Services you have signed up for will be automatically extended for successive renewal periods of the same duration as the subscription term originally selected, at the then-current non-promotional rate.To change or resign your Paid Services at any time, you can email us at hello @wellory.com.If you terminate a Paid Service, you may use your subscription until the end of your then-current term and your subscription will not be renewed after your then-current term expires.However, you won&aspos;t be eligible for a prorated refund of any portion of the subscription fee paid for the then-current subscription period. IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO CONTINUE TO BE CHARGED ON A RECURRING MONTHLY BASIS, YOU MUST CANCEL THE APPLICABLE PAID SERVICE OR TERMINATE YOUR WELLORY ACCOUNT BEFORE THE END OF THE RECURRING TERM. PAID SERVICES CANNOT BE TERMINATED BEFORE THE END OF THE PERIOD FOR WHICH YOU HAVE ALREADY PAID, AND EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED IN THESE TERMS, WELLORY WILL NOT REFUND ANY FEES THAT YOU HAVE ALREADY PAID.
- Reaffirmation of Authorization. Your non-termination or continued use of a Paid Service reaffirms that we are authorized to charge your Payment Method for that Paid Service. We may submit those charges for payment and you will be responsible for such charges. This does not waive our right to seek payment directly from you. Your charges may be payable in advance, in arrears, per usage, or as otherwise described when you initially selected to use the Paid Service.
- Free Trials and Other Promotions. Any free trial or other promotion that provides access to a Paid Service must be used within the specified time of the trial. You must stop using a Paid Service before the end of the trial period in order to avoid being charged for that Paid Service. If you cancel prior to the end of the trial period and are inadvertently charged for a Paid Service, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Cancellation and Late Fees Policy. Your use of a Paid Service is subject to our cancellation and late fees policy www.wellory.com/cancellation-policy. We are always trying to improve our Services, so our cancellation and late fees policy may change over time. We reserve the right to change or cancel all bookings and reservations in accordance with operating requirements or circumstances beyond our control. If we cancel your reservation, you are entitled to another credit.
What if I want to stop using the Services?
Wellory is also free to terminate (or suspend access to) your use of the Services or your account, for any reason in our discretion, including your breach of these Terms. Wellory has the sole right to decide whether you are in violation of any of the restrictions set forth in these Terms.
Account termination may result in destruction of any Content associated with your account, so keep that in mind before you decide to terminate your account.
If you have deleted your account by mistake, contact us immediately at hello @wellory.com – we will try to help, but unfortunately, we can't promise that we can recover or restore anything.
Provisions that, by their nature, should survive termination of these Terms shall survive termination. By way of example, all of the following will survive termination: any obligation you have to pay us or indemnify us, any limitations on our liability, any terms regarding ownership or intellectual property rights, and terms regarding disputes between us, including without limitation the arbitration agreement.
I use the App available via the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store – should I know anything about that?
These Terms apply to your use of all the Services, including the applications available via the app stores of Apple, Inc. (“Apple”) and Google LLC (“Google”) (hereinafter referred to as the “Application”), but the following additional terms also apply to the Application:
- Both you and Wellory acknowledge that the Terms are concluded between you and Wellory only, and not with Apple, and that Apple is not responsible for the Application or the Content;
- The Application is licensed to you on a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferrable, non-sublicensable basis, solely to be used in connection with the Services for your private, personal, non-commercial use, subject to all the terms and conditions of these Terms as they are applicable to the Services;
- You will only use the Application in connection with a device that you own or control;
- You acknowledge and agree that Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the Application;
- In the event of any failure of the Application to conform to any applicable warranty, including those implied by law, you may notify Apple of such failure; upon notification, Apple's sole warranty obligation to you will be to refund to you the purchase price, if any, of the Application;
- You acknowledge and agree that Wellory, and not Apple, is responsible for addressing any claims you or any third party may have in relation to the Application;
- You acknowledge and agree that, in the event of any third party claim that the Application or your possession and use of the Application infringes that third party's intellectual property rights, Wellory, and not Apple, will be responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such infringement claim;
- You represent and warrant that you are not located in a country subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country, and that you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties;
- Both you and Wellory acknowledge and agree that, in your use of the Application, you will comply with any applicable third party terms of agreement which may affect or be affected by such use; and
- Both you and Wellory acknowledge and agree that Apple and Apple's subsidiaries are third party beneficiaries of these Terms, and that upon your acceptance of these Terms, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Terms against you as the third party beneficiary hereof.
What else do I need to know?
Warranty Disclaimer. Neither Wellory nor its licensors or suppliers make any representations or warranties concerning any content contained in or accessed through the Services, and we will not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality, or decency of material contained in or accessed through the Services. We (and our licensors and suppliers) make no representations or warranties regarding suggestions or recommendations of services or products offered or purchased through the Services. Products and services purchased or offered (whether or not following such recommendations and suggestions) through the Services are provided “AS IS” and without any warranty of any kind from or others (unless, with respect to such others only, provided expressly and unambiguously in writing by a designated third party for a specific product). THE SERVICES AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED BY WELLORY (AND ITS LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS) ON AN “AS-IS” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR THAT USE OF THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Limitation of Liability. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, TORT, CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE) SHALL WELLORY (OR ITS LICENSORS OR SUPPLIERS) BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY OTHER PERSON FOR (A) ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE, ACCURACY OF RESULTS, OR COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR (B) ANY AMOUNT, IN THE AGGREGATE, IN EXCESS OF THE GREATER OF (I) $100 OR (II) THE AMOUNTS PAID BY YOU TO WELLORY IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES IN THE TWELVE (12) MONTH PERIOD PRECEDING THIS APPLICABLE CLAIM, OR (C) ANY MATTER BEYOND OUR REASONABLE CONTROL. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION AND EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Indemnity.To the fullest extent allowed by applicable law, you agree to indemnify and hold Wellory, its affiliates, officers, agents, employees, and partners harmless from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages (actual and consequential), losses and expenses (including attorneys' fees) arising from or in any way related to any third party claims relating to (a) your use of the Services (including any actions taken by a third party using your account), and (b) your violation of these Terms. In the event of such a claim, suit, or action (“Claim”), we will attempt to provide notice of the Claim to the contact information we have for your account (provided that failure to deliver such notice shall not eliminate or reduce your indemnification obligations hereunder).
Assignment.You may not assign, delegate or transfer these Terms or your rights or obligations hereunder, or your Services account, in any way (by operation of law or otherwise) without Wellory's prior written consent. We may transfer, assign, or delegate these Terms and our rights and obligations without consent.
Choice of Law. These Terms are governed by and will be construed under the Federal Arbitration Act, applicable federal law, and the laws of the State of New York, without regard to the conflicts of laws provisions thereof.
Arbitration Agreement.PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING ARBITRATION AGREEMENT CAREFULLY BECAUSE IT REQUIRES YOU TO ARBITRATE CERTAIN DISPUTES AND CLAIMS WITH WELLORY AND LIMITS THE MANNER IN WHICH YOU CAN SEEK RELIEF FROM US.Both you and Wellory acknowledge and agree that for the purposes of any dispute arising out of or relating to the subject matter of these Terms, Wellory's officers, directors, employees and independent contractors (“Personnel”) are third party beneficiaries of these Terms, and that upon your acceptance of these Terms, Personnel will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Terms against you as the third party beneficiary hereof.
(a) Arbitration Rules; Applicability of Arbitration Agreement.Any dispute arising out of or relating to the subject matter of these Terms shall be finally settled by binding arbitration in New York County, New York.The arbitration will proceed in the English language, in accordance with the Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures of Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services, Inc.("JAMS") then in effect, by one commercial arbitrator with substantial experience in resolving intellectual property and commercial contract disputes, who shall be selected from the appropriate list of JAMS arbitrators in accordance with such Rules. Judgment upon the award rendered by such arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. Notwithstanding the foregoing obligation to arbitrate disputes, each party shall have the right to pursue injunctive or other equitable relief at any time, from any court of competent jurisdiction.
(b) Costs of Arbitration.The JAMS rules will govern payment of all arbitration fees.Wellory will pay all arbitration fees for claims less than $75,000.Wellory will not seek its attorneys' fees and costs in arbitration unless the arbitrator determines that your claim is frivolous.
(c) Small Claims Court. Furthermore, either you or Wellory may assert claims, if they qualify, in small claims court in New York County, New York or any United States county where you live or work.
(d) Waiver of Jury Trial. YOU AND WELLORY WAIVE ANY CONSTITUTIONAL AND STATUTORY RIGHTS TO GO TO COURT AND HAVE A TRIAL IN FRONT OF A JUDGE OR JURY. You and Wellory are instead choosing to have claims and disputes resolved by arbitration. Arbitration procedures are typically more limited, more efficient, and less costly than rules applicable in court and are subject to very limited review by a court. In any litigation between you and Wellory over whether to vacate or enforce an arbitration award, YOU AND WELLORY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO A JURY TRIAL, and elect instead to have the dispute be resolved by a judge.
(e) Waiver of Class or Consolidated Actions. ALL CLAIMS AND DISPUTES WITHIN THE SCOPE OF THIS ARBITRATION AGREEMENT MUST BE ARBITRATED OR LITIGATED ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT ON A CLASS BASIS. CLAIMS OF MORE THAN ONE CUSTOMER OR USER CANNOT BE ARBITRATED OR LITIGATED JOINTLY OR CONSOLIDATED WITH THOSE OF ANY OTHER CUSTOMER OR USER. If however, this waiver of class or consolidated actions is deemed invalid or unenforceable, neither you nor we are entitled to arbitration; instead all claims and disputes will be resolved in a court as set forth in (g) below.
(f) Opt-out. You have the right to opt out of the provisions of this Section by sending written notice of your decision to opt out to the following address: Wellory Inc., 186 DeGraw Street, Brooklyn, New York, 11231, postmarked within 30 days of first accepting these Terms. You must include (1) your name and residence address; (2) the email address and/or telephone number associated with your account; and (3) a clear statement that you want to opt out of these Terms’ arbitration agreement.
(g) Exclusive Venue. If you send the opt-out notice in (f), and/or in any circumstances where the foregoing arbitration agreement permits either you or Wellory to litigate any dispute arising out of or relating to the subject matter of these Terms in court, then the foregoing arbitration agreement will not apply to either party and both you and Wellory agree that any judicial proceeding (other than small claims actions) will be brought in the state or federal courts located in, respectively, New York County, New York, or the Southern District of New York.
Miscellaneous. You will be responsible for paying, withholding, filing, and reporting all taxes, duties, and other governmental assessments associated with your activity in connection with the Services, provided that the Wellory may, in its sole discretion, do any of the foregoing on your behalf or for itself as it sees fit. The failure of either you or us to exercise, in any way, any right herein shall not be deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder. If any provision of these Terms is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision will be limited or eliminated, to the minimum extent necessary, so that these Terms shall otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable. You and Wellory agree that these Terms are the complete and exclusive statement of the mutual understanding between you and Wellory, and that these Terms supersede and cancel all previous written and oral agreements, communications and other understandings relating to the subject matter of these Terms,. You hereby acknowledge and agree that you are not an employee, agent, partner, or joint venture of Wellory, and you do not have any authority of any kind to bind Wellory in any respect whatsoever.
Except as expressly set forth in the section[s] above regarding the arbitration agreement, you and Wellory agree there are no third party beneficiaries intended under these Terms.
What about my privacy?
- We reserve the right to monitor some, all, or no areas of the Services (including any Wellory Nutritionist session) for adherence to the quality assurance standards and conduct guidelines set by Wellory.
- You affirmatively consent to the fact that Wellory will, as needed, review your particular Wellory sessions for the following purposes:
- During your on-boarding and during the matching process to ascertain you are able to successfully engage with the Wellory Nutrition Coach;
- To review your complaint about a particular issue/instance that you report about your Wellory Nutrition Coach;
- For your safety concerns or complaints of unethical practices;
- To transition you to a new Wellory Nutritionist or if your account is non responsive or inactive for an extended period of time; or
- To address quality assurance concern(s) that may apply to an individual Wellory Nutrition Coach, a state-wide compliance issue or a national network issue; or To monitor the quality assurance of Wellory Nutrition Coach sessions.